What happens if the single provider for waste & recycling is approved?
If the proposed addition to the Bylaws is approved, it would allow the Board to contract with a single provider for trash removal and recycling services for all lots.
- Waste & recycling would occur one time per week on the same day; which day of the week may differ with different neighborhoods in SCOV.
- Homeowners would have the option of using 35-, 65- or 95-gallon bins for trash or recycling service.
- If trash occasionally exceeds capacity of the container, extra bags would be picked up as a courtesy, i.e., at no charge.
- Proposals were solicited from all three contractors currently servicing SCOV. Of these, the most favorable proposal was that from Republic. In this proposal, the estimated quarterly cost would be $33.60, less than most homeowners are paying now and a uniform rate for all homeowners.
- The annual dues for 2020-2021 (billed in June 2020) would include the waste/recycling fee of $134.40, and the contractor would be paid by the Association. Homeowners would no longer pay the contractor directly.
- The contract is for three years with a 4% cap on year’s two ($139.80) and three ($145.32), both years 2 & 3 have less than a $6/year increase.
- Homeowners retain the option to contract, at their own additional expense, an additional alternative vendor for trash removal and recycling services.
- The individual residents would be responsible for cancelling their existing trash and recycling service if they are contracted with a provider other than Republic.
- The Republic contract for all homeowners would start on July 1, 2020.